Monday, August 9, 2010

Make that 65!

I weighed this morning and lost another .8 which makes my total weight loss 64.8, or 65 if you round.  The counter on this site rounds which I like! 

I got out of bed to run this morning.  I'm not sure if it was my 5 hours of sleep or lack of good fuel before running, but it was not an easy run.  Sometimes it's just that way, I guess.  Even marathon runners can have bad runs, or so I hear.

That happened to me on Friday.  I set off for my long run, 60 minutes.  I had a GREAT 55 minute run the previous Friday so I was looking forward to more awesomeness.  Well, it felt pretty okay the first 30 minutes or so, but once I got to my turn around, I realized I'd been running on a downhill for a good while which meant running back uphill.  My legs and lungs were both screaming by the time I got to the top and I could not catch my breath.  I decided to take a walk break and have some water.  But that turned into more and more water.  I tried to run again a couple of times, but was only able to for about a minute or so at a time.  It was another one of those runs where I was asking myself what the hell I'm doing out there?  But luckily I had planned an out and back course so even though I couldn't run anymore, I still had the mileage to cover in order to get home.  So I just walked.  And told myself that it's okay, an off day is okay.  So I didn't beat myself up about it, I just moved forward.  Later that day I took a nap so I guess was just having a lazy day all around.

Anyway, it's times like that where I remind myself where I've been and how far I've come.  I may not have run the entire 60 minutes, but I was out there in the first place.  I set my alarm to get up and run ON MY DAY OFF.  There's a saying that goes something like, "It's not about the destination, it's about the journey."  I am moving forward and I will get to my goal, but along the way, I will celebrate the milestones and even try and enjoy the challenges.  For that is what life is about.

In other news, I am finding it harder and harder to want to eat veggies.  I love fruit, but veggies are just not tasting good right now and preparing them is just annoying.  Who wants to take the time?  But I know veggies are important so I still find ways to include them, even if it's spending a little bit more money on precut, prewashed items.  My latest fad is baby spinach.  I put it in a bowl, add some thin sliced Roma tomatoes, reduced fat Feta cheese, ground black pepper, and balsamic vinegar (sometimes olive oil if I still need the fats for the day) and presto, spinach salad!  It's easy and yummy!  Otherwise it's carrot sticks and cucumber and those are just plain boring.

So that is all.  I must work now.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Running for 55 minutes, that's great. I can't get past the minute or two yet. I do walk at 4.0 or more a few times a week up to 4 miles but running, I can't get past the panting part. I know, one day but not now. I am proud of you, you are doing wonderfully. Keep it up. 65 lbs is terrific, amazing, wonderful!!!
    Take care and have a blessed Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, thank you!! Walking at 4.0 is awesome. My walk pace is usually more about 3.75 or so. I'm trying to get faster, though, so when I take a walk break I don't lose that much time.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete