Friday, August 13, 2010

I had a boring run today

55 minutes (5 miles) on the treadmill feels waaaaaay longer than 55 minutes outside! I mean, staring at the same wall for that long is just plain boring! But I survived to run another day. Yay me!

You might be asking why I ran on the treadmill and there are two reasons.  1) because I got up at 9:00, didn't actually put my running clothes on until 9:45, and by then it was too hot to go outside, and 2) to prove that I could do it.  You could say it's also a glimpse into my winter running life if I keep up the long runs on Fridays. 

The truth is, though, that no matter where I run or workout, an hour is going to be about my limit.  Spending more time than that is boring for me.  I've been using the recumbent bike on Tuesdays for an hour and even though I have my Kindle to read, it's still pretty boring.  Boring = burnout.  I'm conscious of this fact because I don't want to lose momentum out of boredom.

For now, though, I am still "training" to run 6 miles for my 10K event in October.  (It looks like I won't be able to make the one in September.)  Right now, October feels a long ways away, but I know it will be here before I know it. So until then, I'll have to run inside or outside, wherever I can in order to build up to running 66-70 minutes. After today's boring run inside, I'm really hoping we have a warm fall so outside is still possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment