Tuesday, October 9, 2012

1,000 Days

I meant to post yesterday, but I'm a day late.  Yesterday was 1,000 days since I started this journey.  No, I haven't been counting, but when I logged my weight on my iPhone app, there it was: 

"Lost 27.0 lbs. in 1000 days"

What it didn't say was lost over 80 pounds and gained over 50 in 1000 days, but that's all I could think about.  1,000 days and I am a measly 27 pounds down from my starting weight.  It is better than being at my starting weight, and it's definitely better than being above my starting weight.  But it still sucks! 27 measly pounds!!!  When I was almost to 85!!!

Again, I sit here lamenting these facts, and I wonder to myself what good does it do?  Answer: none.  It never does any good to dwell on the things you cannot change.  I could have changed it, but I didn't, so now I cannot change it.  I have to accept it and move forward.

Yesterday, I had a good day.  I started the day planning to count calories, but ended up not logging everything.  As I've said before, I know what to eat.  I know exactly how much to eat.  Starting with breakfast and lunch, I tend to eat the same things day after day when I'm "dieting", but that works for me.  So I planned the meals and knew I was on track.  I admit, the evening almost took me down.  My son and husband were at soccer practice and when I got home, I wanted to EAT!  Instead, I made a salad and it tasted pretty good!

I've noticed lately that even foods I love don't taste good.  (Okay, Reese's Peanut Butter Pumpkins always taste good.)  Things like English muffins with peanut butter, Chobani yogurt, fruit....these things have just tasted blah lately.  I'm sure it's because I feel so incredibly gross. There's no other way to describe it.  I feel gross.  Yesterday, after not indulging in a bunch of junk food at the office all day, the salad for dinner tasted good.  And I know the healthy foods will only taste better if I continue my detox from sugar and junk food. 

"Nothing tastes as good as thin feels."  This needs to become my mantra, my motto, my mission statement.  It's one day at a time.  I'm not even focusing on exercise.  Right now, it's just an accomplishment to get through the day without binging on junk food.

But I still can't help remember that I thought I'd never be here again. :(

With all that said, I think I need a change to the blog name.  I've let the domain go, so now it's time to come up with something more fitting.  Perhaps I should go back to my original blog name "All About Me".

No comments:

Post a Comment