Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mindset Change

I was just watching a video of another blogger whom I admire. Roni. She lost about 70 lbs on WW and has maintained for almost four years. She linked to another article that said something great. "You will not lose weight until you value yourself more." Well, I guess I believe that in a way. For me it's more about sticking with a program and seeing it through until the end. And the end is not goal, the end is not some number on the scale. The end is the end of my life. I have to see it through forever, to not only lose weight and get healthy, but to STAY healthy. I am so good at losing weight when I put my mind to it. But sticking with it and seeing it through... that's where I fall down on things.

Roni said she finally let go of weight loss as some kind of aesthetic change, or just as a means to look better. She had her son and was finally seeing weight loss as a way to be there for him, to be a role model for him, to do what she could to stick around for as long as she could for him.

I am trying to adopt that mindset too.

No comments:

Post a Comment